If you live in any of the following countries, additional terms may apply to you and are viewable at the bottom of these Terms. We display the country within the Terms when applicable. These additional terms override the Terms below to the extent of any inconsistency.
Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Japan, Korea, Philippines, all European countries (including specific terms for Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Poland, and Switzerland).
Welcome to the NIKE community! You are reading these Terms because you are using a NIKE website, digital experience, social media platform, mobile app, wearable technology, or one of our other products or services, all of which are part of NIKE’s Platform (“Platform”). You may access the Platform through a computer, mobile phone, tablet, console, or other technology, which we refer to here as a “Device”. Your carrier’s normal rates and fees apply to your Device.
These Terms create a legally binding agreement between you and NIKE and its affiliates (which we may refer to as “NIKE,” “we,” “us,” or “our”) regarding your use of the Platform. Please review our List of Local Entities for the name of the NIKE entity responsible for providing the Platform to you and the appropriate contact information. A few important points:
- Our Terms May Change. Some jurisdictions do not permit unilateral updates or changes to consumer terms, so this paragraph may not apply to you. [See Canada terms.] We may update these Terms from time to time. If a material change is made, we will post a notice on the Platform or send you a notification. Read through any changes, and if you don’t agree to them, please stop using the Platform. If you continue to use our Platform after we notify you of changes, you will be deemed to have accepted the updated Terms, except to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
- Terms of Sale. By making any purchase with us, you also agree to the Terms of Sale that apply in your country or region. [See Hungarian terms.]
- Important Notice for Amateur Athletes. You are responsible for ensuring that your participation on the Platform does not affect your eligibility as an amateur athlete. Please check with your amateur athletic association for the rules that apply to you. NIKE is not responsible or liable for your use of the Platform resulting in your ineligibility as an amateur athlete.
1. GROUND RULES
Eligibility. You are only eligible to use the Platform if you are of legal age in your country or if you have consent from your parent or guardian. There may be certain age restrictions for specific Platform services in various countries.
Rules for Registration. When you register for an account with us, the following rules apply:
- Be True: Provide accurate and current registration information.
- Be You: Keep your registration personal. Do not register for more than one NIKE account, register a NIKE account on behalf of someone else, or transfer your account.
- Be Secure: Keep your username, password and other login credentials secure and do not allow anyone else to use your account.
- Be Responsible: Inform NIKE immediately of any unauthorized use of your NIKE account. You are responsible for anything that happens through your NIKE account – with or without your permission. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT ALLOWED BY APPLICABLE LAW, NIKE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS OR ACTIVITY THAT RESULTS FROM THE UNAUTHORIZED USE OF YOUR ACCOUNT.
2. OWNERSHIP OF CONTENT
Except for User Content (defined below), all of the content on our Platform – including text, software, scripts, code, designs, graphics, photos, sounds, music, videos, applications, interactive features, articles, news stories, sketches, animations, stickers, general artwork and other content (“Content”) – is owned by NIKE or others we license Content from, and is protected by copyright, trademark, patent and other laws. NIKE reserves all rights not expressly described in these Terms.
- All trademarks, service marks and trade names (e.g., the NIKE name and the Swoosh design) are owned, registered and/or licensed by NIKE. You do not acquire a license or any ownership rights to any trademarks, service marks, or trade names through your access or use of the Platform or Content.
- You agree not to change or delete any ownership notices from materials downloaded or printed from the Platform.
- To the extent NIKE approves the download or use of Content comprised of copyrights or copyrightable works, NIKE grants you a limited, personal, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, and revocable license to access and use such copyrights or copyrightable works solely for their intended purpose and solely for as long as NIKE makes such Content generally available to the public. You do not acquire any ownership rights in the Content (including any trademarks or other intellectual property included in the Content), and all such Content is intended for personal, non-commercial use. NIKE reserves the right to monitor your use and to alter or revoke this license or your access to the Content at any time and for any reason. NIKE reserves the right to take down any Content in violation of these terms or NIKE’s intellectual property rights. NIKE allowing you this limited use does not constitute a waiver of any of Nike’s rights to the Content.
- Outside of the specific usage rights granted to you by NIKE in connection with the Platform, you agree not to use, copy, edit, translate, display, distribute, download, transmit, sell, create derivative works of, or in any way exploit any Content, including User Content (unless it is your own User Content that you legally post on the Platform), without NIKE’s prior written consent. Unauthorized use of the Content may constitute a breach of copyright, trademark or other intellectual property laws and may subject you to criminal or civil charges and penalties.
3. POSTING CONTENT ON THE PLATFORM
User Content License. Some parts of the Platform allow you to post photos, videos, comments, and other content, which we refer to as “User Content.” Nike is not responsible for User Content others post to the Platform. User Content is owned by you or whoever created it, but when you post User Content you license it to NIKE as described below:
- You represent that you have the right to post your User Content, and you grant NIKE a non-exclusive, perpetual, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any of the User Content that you post on or in connection with the Platform, including the likeness of any person that appears in the User Content, or any of the concepts or ideas contained in the User Content, for any purpose, including commercial use, which includes the right to translate, display, reproduce, modify, create derivative works, sublicense, distribute and assign these rights. NIKE may, in its sole discretion, remove any User Content at any time. [See Argentina, Colombia, Belgium, and Philippines terms.]
- You understand that deleted User Content may persist in NIKE’s systems and on the Platform to the extent your User Content has been publicly posted or shared with others who have not deleted it, unless you or the relevant individual request deletion or blocking of personal data in accordance with applicable law.
LICENSE TO USE COMMENTS, FEEDBACK AND IDEAS. You understand that any comments, feedback, or ideas you send us are provided on a non-confidential basis and you grant to NIKE a perpetual, worldwide license to use all comments, feedback and ideas you may share with us, without notice, compensation or acknowledgement to you, for any purposes whatsoever, including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing and marketing products and services and creating, modifying or improving products and services. [See Colombia and Belgium terms.]
4. USER CODE OF CONDUCT
We’re excited to have you contribute to the NIKE community. Here are a few basic rules:
- Be Original. Only post User Content to the Platform if you have all permissions and rights needed to make that User Content available, including from any individuals who appear or are mentioned in your User Content.
- Be Safe.
- Do not do anything that may expose NIKE or its users to any type of harm, including anything that may disrupt, damage, disable, tamper with, overburden or limit the functionality of the Platform.
- Do not post User Content that contains software viruses, programs or other computer code, and do not circumvent or modify any Platform software or security technology.
- Do not use any data mining, robots, scraping or similar data gathering methods.
- Unless we indicate otherwise, our Platform is a public place. Do not post personal information to the Platform – yours or anybody else’s.
- Be Personal.
- Do not post any advertising, solicitation or commercial content on the Platform or accept payment from a third party in exchange for performing commercial activity on the Platform.
- Do not collect or solicit personal information from other Platform users or send unsolicited messages.
- Do not use automated technology to interact with the Platform.
- Be Appropriate. Respect the community and do not post User Content, link to a website, or do anything that is illegal, misleading, malicious, harassing, inaccurate, discriminatory, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate or which violates any applicable laws. NIKE has the right to prescreen, monitor, or remove User Content – but we have no obligation to do so.
- Be Yourself. Do not impersonate any person or organization, including athletes or NIKE employees.